Saint Joseph's will be running the Outstanding Teacher Programme in Spring 2018. Due to the nature of this CPD, the groups we can run are smaller than other CPD we have hosted and there are only 15 places available.
The OTP is for teachers who are consistently good and have the potential to become outstanding. The programme empowers teachers to consistently deliver high quality teaching and learning. Through practical and interactive development sessions, participants will build confidence as they generate ideas and strategies on how to improve their practice.
The course will enable teachers to:
• Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning.
• Develop a common language to discuss teaching and learning.
• Use different teaching styles to challenge learners.
• Raise performance in the classroom by encouraging creativity and developing more innovative practice.
• Become more reflective practitioners.
• Demonstrate a higher level of understanding of teaching.
• Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance.
What will the programme involve?
The programme comprises sessions over the spring term (mixing full and half days). Within this, there are linked practical ‘In-school’ tasks which take place in your own school.
The OTP is facilitated by outstanding practitioners through face-to-face sessions and classroom observations. Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning.
There are linked practical tasks back in participants' own schools including applying what has been learned through observation.
• Be consistently ‘Good’ with the potential to become ‘Outstanding’ teachers
• Have at least 3 years teaching experience
• Have a commitment both to continuing their professional development and that of other staff
There is an expectation that participants will attend all of the sessions.Participants will be required to complete the post session challenges and will require time to complete these tasks between sessions.
£650 per delegate. All resources and refreshments will be provided. Lunch will be provided on full day sessions.
Emmaus Centre, Saint Joseph’s RC Junior, Infant and Nursery School, Shaw, Oldham OL2 8SZ
|Thursday 11th January 2018||Outstanding Teaching and Learning||1:30pm – 4:00pm|
|Thursday 18th January 2018||Questioning||9:30 am - 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday 24th January 2018||Assessment||1:30pm – 4:00pm|
|Thursday 1st February 2018||Coaching||9:30 am - 4.30 pm|
|Thursday 8th February 2018||In-School Practice|
|Thursday 1st March 2018||Coaching||1:30pm – 4:00pm|
|Thursday 8th March 2018||Differentiation||1:30pm – 4:00pm|
|Thursday 15th March 2018||In-School Practice|
|Thursday 22nd March 2018||Review and Celebration||130pm – 4:00pm|
t: 01706 847 218